Our Boerewors Shakshuka
RUNDER RECIPES: Boerewors Shakshuka
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 500g Runder Boerewors (thick or thin)
- 1 Handful grated cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tin of tomato and onion mix
- 1 Tin baked beans
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 Tub baby tomatoes, whole
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Baguette for dipping
1. Pinch out equal size meat balls from the Boerewors sausage discard the casing. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and the smoked paprika then gently cook until the oil becomes a deep red colour.
3. Add the meat balls and brown on both sides. Once done, remove the meat balls from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan add the diced pepper and sauté until slightly softer.
5. Add the tin of tomato and onion mix, salt and pepper then sauté until mix begins to soften and break down then add the whole baby tomatoes and tin of beans.
6. Return the boerewors meat balls to the pan, simmer gently to get the temperature up again.
7. Now gently crack the eggs into the pan, trying not to break the yolks. Cover with the grated cheese mix, place the lid on and cook over low heat until the eggs are cooked to your liking.