Runder uses Dutch beef to make biltong.
When we make biltong we use local Dutch beef that's been born, reared and slaughtered in The Netherlands. The steaks are salted, spiced and then gently air-dried over a week-long process, slowly turning it into what we know as biltong. The slab of beef is reduced in weight by up to 60% which means all the flavour is concentrated into the remaining 40% of the meat. When thinly sliced, you can add this to your charcuterie board, add it in with your breakfast eggs, add it into your quiche, on top of a pizza or eaten on its own as a delicious wholesome snack. High protein, low fat, no added sugar or any other artificial ingredients. Simply meat, salt and spices. See our sliced biltong here.