Runder Biltong Breakfast Bagel
Ever heard of a biltong bagel before? Well, now you have!
We chomped on a few of these over the weekend and let's just say, with no disrespect to the fish, we ditched the salmon.
What we have here is a very simple bagel, banging with flavour. Interested? Then you going to want to grab these items:
- Some fresh bagels from your local neighbourhood bakery.
- Philadelphia cream cheese - or whichever cream cheese you prefer.
- Fresh red onion - thinly sliced
- A bunch of rocket
- Runder Biltong Dust (coming soon)
- About 150g Runder biltong - sliced
What you gotta do ~
- Lightly toast your bagels (if you like them warm). We suggest 170 degrees Celcius for about 3 minutes.
- Mix about half a tub of cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of Runder Biltong Dust. Without the dust is good too.
- Cut some extremely thin slices of fresh red onion
- Now cut that toasty bagel in half and put a generous helping of the cream cheese mix on one half (or on both if you are feeling gluttonous)
- Layer some sliced Runder biltong, fresh rocket and the red onion on top of the cream cheese
- Put the lid on it
- Take a bite. Smile and repeat.